Fat Tuesday Read Matthew 5: 1-12
- Ash Wednesday Skip a meal and pray for someone who is giving you a hard time
- Thursday Call your mom, Dad, sister, brother
- Friday Do something small to make someone’s day
- Saturday Break an old habit of silence. Love your neighbor with a wave or hello.
First Sunday of Lent, Sunday, February 22, 2015 Read Matthew 5:13-32
- Monday Skip a meal and go to your room and close the door when you pray.
- Tuesday Let God give his love to the unlovely through you.
- Wednesday Intentionally let someone get in front of you in line.
- Thursday Take time to thank God for the meals you eat today.
- Friday Listen to someone who you would normally brush aside.
- Saturday Ask God for what you need because “he gives good gifts to those who ask.”
Second Sunday of Lent, Sunday, March 1, 2015 Read Matthew 5: 33-48
- Monday Skip a meal and take a hike around your neighborhood or office complex and pray for your neighbors or coworkers.
- Tuesday Ask someone with problems how you can pray for them and do it right then.
- Wednesday Confess your sins to God and let go of guilt you’ve been carrying.
- Thursday Give 10% of your time by volunteering at your church.
- Friday Clean out your closet and give your clothes to a charity.
- Saturday Call an old friend and ask about their life instead of talking about yours.
Third Sunday of Lent, Sunday, March 8, 2015 Read Matthew 6: 1-18
- Monday Skip a meal and pray for your pastor and your church.
- Tuesday Hug someone longer and tighter today.
- Wednesday Take the time to mend a conflict you have with someone.
- Thursday Remember if you judge, you will be judged for the same thing.
- Friday Forgive someone you’ve been angry at and you will be forgiven.
- Saturday Smile at 5 people today.
Fourth Sunday of Lent, Sunday, March 15, 2015 Read Matthew 6: 19-34
- Monday Skip a meal and pray for the hearts of corrupt leaders to be changed by God
- Tuesday Spend time with a senior adult that’s alone in person or by phone.
- Wednesday Contemplate who is in control of your life…God or money?
- Thursday Praise God with your face and hands lifted to heaven.
- Friday Remember that each person you interact with today is a person created in God’s image
- Saturday Speak truthfully the whole day. Don’t mislead others with your words.
Fifth Sunday of Lent, Sunday, March 22, 2015 Read Matthew 7:1-20
- Monday Skip a meal and pray the Lord’s prayer aloud.
- Tuesday Abstain from letting any complaint leave your mouth all day.
- Wednesday Consider that in order to be God’s servant you must follow His lead and not chart your own path.
- Thursday Help someone in need and don’t tell anyone.
- Friday Instead of judging someone, find a way to connect with them.
- Saturday Pray for those trapped in human trafficking.
Palm Sunday, Sunday, March 2, 2015 Read Matthew 7: 21-28
- Monday Skip a meal and start a donation jar for local mission.
- Tuesday Be gracious toward someone who doesn’t deserve it.
- Wednesday Focus on being the light of Jesus today.
- Maundy Thursday Avoid labeling others. It not only hurts them, it hurts you too.
- Good Friday Do something small to make someone’s day like taking them a plate of cookies or buying them a meal.
- Saturday Share your God-given talents with someone who can benefit from them.
Easter, Sunday, April 5, 2015 Attend your local church to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus.